1. The most common spoken language in Andaman and Nicobar is Bengali and not Andamanese and Nicobarese.
2. The world’s largest Sea Turtle resides in Andaman and Nicobar Island.
3. Andaman and Nicobar is home to variety of marine species and so commercial fishing is strictly banned here in order to preserve these species.
4. Besides the world’s largest turtle; one can also spot the longest living Coconut Crab here!
5. Have you ever checked the scenery printed on 20 Rupees note? It’s non-other than the scenic beauty of Andaman and Nicobar Island!
6. Mud volcanoes are only spotted at Baratang in Andaman and Nicobar.
7. India’s first commercial seaplane ‘Jal Hans’ was launched in Andaman and Nicobar.